Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
Whisper this, whisper that...
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message Whisper this, whisper that... 
I do not consider my message a true complaint; however, I do feel strongly enough about my opinion to post to the forum, an action I have never taken in yuvu.

Understanding that whispers can be tiresome, insulting, rude, and abusive for nor wanted by many, they can also be a vehicle for intimate communication and private discussion between friends. As one who does not cam, I cannot comment on the challenges those who do face. I do get whispers and I ignore them, but have only needed to use the iggy button once.

My time in yuvu is primarily to chat in the room, but I know that not having the option to whisper now and again is a feature that would greatly effect my relationship to the room, as I am a private person by nature. Yes, the PM window function is available, however, I know my time spent here will be limited if whispers are permanently removed.

I also understand that chat proved more active and engaging with whispers gone, but is troll chatter better than none? What is the goal of admin and the community? If chat is indeed a community, self policing is key, y'all. And when whispers have been abusive, I have watched individuals, groups, and mods work cooperatively to address the situation in a protective manner from which many "real life" communities could learn. Would a "non whisper" room serve a purpose just as the "okay to direct" room, does, at least on a trial basis?

Careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

My two cents, Nola.

Répondre en citant
Message agreed 
Well said, Nola.
With whispers disabled, the chat room flow is too furious to navigate! And the loss of privacy, often desired by both parties, is a serious loss.
-mrsXX

Répondre en citant
Message A suggestion.. 
Can we make whispers a per contact option, so that people that truely do not like whispers can turn them off, and or have it be able to turn on and off like 'ignore whispers from xxxx'...

Both of those would be good options.. I miss whispers.. I don't do it often, but they are handy..

Répondre en citant
Message Re: Whisper this, whisper that... 
nola_gabriele a écrit:
I do not consider my message a true complaint; however, I do feel strongly enough about my opinion to post to the forum, an action I have never taken in yuvu.

Understanding that whispers can be tiresome, insulting, rude, and abusive for nor wanted by many, they can also be a vehicle for intimate communication and private discussion between friends. As one who does not cam, I cannot comment on the challenges those who do face. I do get whispers and I ignore them, but have only needed to use the iggy button once.

My time in yuvu is primarily to chat in the room, but I know that not having the option to whisper now and again is a feature that would greatly effect my relationship to the room, as I am a private person by nature. Yes, the PM window function is available, however, I know my time spent here will be limited if whispers are permanently removed.

I also understand that chat proved more active and engaging with whispers gone, but is troll chatter better than none? What is the goal of admin and the community? If chat is indeed a community, self policing is key, y'all. And when whispers have been abusive, I have watched individuals, groups, and mods work cooperatively to address the situation in a protective manner from which many "real life" communities could learn. Would a "non whisper" room serve a purpose just as the "okay to direct" room, does, at least on a trial basis?

Careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

My two cents, Nola.

Someone seems to be talking sense about this issue
We all have personal views but it is, afterall, a chat room. Getting rid of the whispers would curtail some from doing just that.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre en citant
agree with everything above but beside that not wanked off since whispering taken off so please bring back

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1