Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 6
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante
Moderators in chat room
Has the presence of moderators improved the chat rooms?

Yes, the chat room is much better now 42% 42% ( 126 )
No, those moderators are fascists! 49% 49% ( 148 )
No change; moderators? what moderators? 8% 8% ( 26 )

Total des votes : 300
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message Moderators in chat room 
Due to popular demand, we have introduced moderators in the chat rooms. Hopefully they will stop people being rude towards those brave enough to go on cam.

Répondre en citant

Répondre en citant
Lets just hope we don't need mod's for the moderators :wink:

Last night their seemed to be a problem with getting re-routed to other rooms for no reason.

Répondre en citant
[quote="BillyMelissa"]Lets just hope we don't need mod's for the moderators :wink:

Last night their seemed to be a problem with getting re-routed to other rooms for no reason.[/quote]

I just hope that the admin has chosen the people as mods carefully....I have noticed chat that seemed to indacate some on a bit of a power trip..... Like I said, it's a little soon to tell. I think it is a move in the right direction.....Mods just need to know to not come on too strong. Moderation>>>>>Less is more. Should only be used when needed.

Répondre en citant
Message room changes 
[quote="BillyMelissa"]Lets just hope we don't need mod's for the moderators :wink:

Last night their seemed to be a problem with getting re-routed to other rooms for no reason.[/quote]

Another of the mods deleted the english room by accident (the delete button is very close to the join button)

I recreated the room but spelt the name wrong,so the other mod deleted it and recreated it. I realise it must have been annoying for the users in that room,but please remember we are new to this and still getting use to the changes on our screens.. Jelly..x

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre en citant
Message Eh.... 
Well..from what I've seen its helped...of course I was only in for a bit.

Répondre en citant
Message Re: room changes 
[quote="JellyBrenda"][quote="BillyMelissa"]Lets just hope we don't need mod's for the moderators :wink:

Another of the mods deleted the english room by accident (the delete button is very close to the join button)

I recreated the room but spelt the name wrong,so the other mod deleted it and recreated it. I realise it must have been annoying for the users in that room,but please remember we are new to this and still getting use to the changes on our screens.. Jelly..x[/quote]

Like I said its not of our first time running a web chat or message board, and I know that it takes a while to get adjusted to the butoons as well as the restraint in using those buttons. Having been told that last night would have helped the other people that had no idea .
Either way thanks for taking the time in trying to help the site and the people in there,its not a job I would have wished on anybody.

Regards.
Billy XXX

Répondre en citant

noobs Razz

either way... i think there should be a listing of the new mods...

and I share the opinion of ohio... is too soon to tell

cumps

Répondre en citant
I've asked a few mods this question, none of them knew the answer however so I'll ask here:

When a mod kicks a user out of a room or bans them from the chat, are these actions recorded someplace that Admin can look over? Hopefully our moderators do not abuse their powers or get overzealous with them, but if one does I hope there's a record of action someplace that can be looked over.

Répondre en citant
uhm... like in any server... who ever is blocked that information gets registered... for unblocking purposes or something else....

but only admin can say for sure...

Répondre en citant
[quote="kyxtian"]I've asked a few mods this question, none of them knew the answer however so I'll ask here:

When a mod kicks a user out of a room or bans them from the chat, are these actions recorded someplace that Admin can look over? Hopefully our moderators do not abuse their powers or get overzealous with them, but if one does I hope there's a record of action someplace that can be looked over.[/quote]

Moderating the Mods..... lol
Not sure what kind of programs the admin is running here....I can say that sites that i've been involved with have things in place so that the admins had a record of what all the mods did...time...date...etc....

Répondre en citant
The definition of a proper moderator, is one that not only moderates rooms, but is one that can also be helpful to the newbies.IE, how many can give technical advice when needed????????? because not all are faut paix are they????

Répondre en citant
Message here here 
I agree with lion its too early to tell anything, the presence of them keeps it on the minds of people but when you get guys like that jason123456789 in there who just come back time after time after time, moderator or not it does no good. Hopefully everything will turn out good.

Répondre en citant
IMO it's too early to tell. But so far it's going OK. Some of the features er buttons are way too close together as far as the modding abilities are concerned. But things can be implemented and changed.
Mistakes can and will happen. People need to learn from those mistakes. Just like anyone else with a new job. Yeah you're gonna fuck up, but learn from it and move on.
And yes, we need to figure out a much better solution for getting rid of unruly chatters.

I know I'm not the only who feels this way when I say I think having mods is making the problem worse. Sure it might be too early, but a majority of this community believe they are not needed. We do have a block button after all people, which is just as effective. I think when people are being banned they are getting more upset, hence making the problem worse. I do not mind if a person ask to see something or what not as long as they do it nicely. I also have noticed that the mods have not been trying to warn trolls as they should, and even if they did, it does not help because they will not listen. Which then leads to them getting banned. That user then will turn around and create a different alias to come back into chat with. On another occasion I heard a mod say something very inappropriate, and troll like. If the people who are supposed to keep the trolls away are trolling themselves, how will this ever work? Afterall the poll speaks for itself. 58% for no and 33% for yes!

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 6
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante