Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
Chopping up large videos
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message Chopping up large videos 
Hello all

I have two videos i want to post, one is over 500meg and the other one is over 300meg, to large to post on here. Any techno wizards know how i can chop them up into smaller 100meg parts so i can upload them? Assume you need a bit of software but i'm clueless....thanks in advance

Krjohno

Répondre en citant
Message Well... 
Probably the easiest way is to use windows movie maker. It allows you to choose the file type and size to render as well as giving you basic and easy to use editing.

Windows Movie Maker is free if it's not already on your PC. You can download it at microsoft.com

If you still have trouble and want my help, upload the files to megaupload.com and I'll set it up so you can upload it to yuvutu.

Répondre en citant

Répondre en citant
ps...does movie maker accept MP4's?? As i get only sound but no picture when playing it in movie maker

thanks

Répondre en citant
Oh, maybe not. MP4 is an Apple quicktime codec I beleive and it may not work right. Check downloads.com for a freeware converter program, change it to mpg or wmv and then try. Unless you want to just buy a full on editing program that will use whatever you want it too.

Répondre en citant
I agree with the last poster (although he added an extra s at the end). The site is www.download.com
They have SO many programs on there - some are free, some are free to try then buy if you like, and some you can buy. I recommend 'AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Splitter v4.28' which is real easy to use, and hasn't let me down. It will only do those four movie types, but you can separately get from the site a converter as well. Some converters can do several types into several others, and even some just do one format into one other (I recommend 'Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.2' which uses drag-and-drop selection).
So on there you're sure to find a program to just split MP4, or convert only, maybe even one that'll split AND convert.
On there once you've typed in what you're after in the Find box you'll also get on the left a few boxes you can tick on to reduce the ones that won't apply to you - so you can select your operating system (mine's still Windows 98) plus whether you want just free programs, etc etc. Also there are different words in the description used to search in; so split could also be cut or trim etc. depending on what is used.
Finally, in a separate window, I'll type in 'MP4' and 'split' to see what they've got ... Yes - that brings up 140 programs for you to chose from ! Changing 'split' to 'splitter' brings up 97 results, and 'MP4' and 'cutter' shows 24 results. I could go on, but you get the idea. Hope all this helps !

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre en citant
I found a program on Tucows.com that converts the files. It is called prism, it works well for me.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1