Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
Private chat rooms
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message Private chat rooms 
Thought facility for a private chat would be good and allow others to join as required, cos sometimes it just gets so busy on cam responding to chat from dozens of spectators, anyone agree ?

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Répondre en citant
Totally agree. Sometimes the replies come so fast that it is hard to "concentrate". This would be a great feature and one that other kinds of chatrooms routinely offer.

Répondre en citant
I think this is a good idea ...... I'm happy to have my cam on in an open chatroom but when it gets REALLY busy in there I feel overloaded. It's not easy to simply not reply to ppl, especially if you normally chat to them but are just too weighed down with chat already? Sometimes I may not feel like trying to chat to twenty or more ppl *laughing* but I always end up trying because I don't want to ignore anybody. :)

Répondre en citant
I came back tonight to find this thread because two times today I left chat in frustration. If I put my camera on I get so many bloody msgs that it becomes impossible and if I spend my whole time in there clicking ignore then what's the point. The people I DID want to chat with got equally as frustrated and I hope nobody thought I was ignoring them but honestly, there must be an easier way.

I think private chatrooms would be cool even if only temporary. Maybe they could be set up but close the minute the room becomes empty or something? Maybe they could be set with or without a password. With for when you want something totally private and without for when you want to hold some kind of random open house for a couple of hours? I don't know, people could hold naked twister parties in them, hold bare birthday parties, have fuck you friday parties anything they want *smiles* Me personally, I would like to have a facility like that to hand when I need a break from a busy, busy room but still want to chat. I don't want to even think about going off site to do that, msn/yahoo/skype are all tools of the devil when it comes to a good chat room hahah but if people want privacy that is where they will turn, sadly.

It could even be incorporated into some kind of membership thing, those who post pictures, videos or blogs etc can then do this, those who post nothing will soon start posting lol.

Random blonde thoughts, sorry, hope it all makes sense outside of my head!

Love Minxy xx

Just want to add to that camera comment ...... I'm not saying I'm overloaded bcos I'm anything special, (no illusions) simply that I'm female in the room and it's usually mostly male cameras. Obviously, I won't put the camera on if I don't want attention but come on guys, take no for an answer, if you don't get a reply inside of TEN/TWENT/THIRTY BLOODY PMS it's likely you won't be getting one at all.

Répondre en citant
Message Agree 
I cast my vote for private rooms. Other chatrooms have that feature, so it should be able to be done. That would make the chatroom experience much more enjoyable.

Répondre en citant
It is a feature that has been on our to do loist for a long time, but we have not got much support for it.

One thing we tried over a year ago was to have a "small" room which a max of 20 people, but in the end everybody went to the big room instead.

Répondre en citant
We used to have a blast in the old set up where mods could make rooms for users. I'm all for it!

Répondre en citant
i'm with OC back in the day the mod made up rooms where a blast or you could make one for peeps if they requested never had a issue with it then would be great to have again :)

Would that be temporary chat rooms? ... sounds like that was very handy, a chatter would only need to ask for a bit of help with privacy hahah and you could sort them out!
Shame we no longer have that ability for the mods. xx

Répondre en citant

Répondre en citant

Me personally, I don't use any msngrs ....... I've seen them be the death of a good chatroom and for me to want to come out of chat and into msn etc it would have to be David Beckham calling lol x

My other issue is that using msn on a regular basis detracts from the room ..... just my feeling, but if everybody IN the room is taking part to some extent it's got to make it a better experience than when ppl are only half there?

Répondre en citant
but wont you only be 1/2 there if you pvt room with someone ????

Répondre en citant
Yes but that would be a rare occasion I was in a private room, you guys who have msn use it every day don't you? ..... That's what I'm saying really, I would like to remain in chat, chatting, not be in another application ......

Although it's a total pain when the chat room is busy and you can't always follow the screen at least you can chat to 20, 30, 100 if you can type fast enough *laughing* but in msn you would normally only have good m8s etc. I think I would miss out on the total randomness of a chat room if I was in msn and it's the crazy stuff that really makes me giggle. :O)

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1